Monday, April 27, 2009

Is Recycling a Waste?

I read an article from Mother jones. Earth day started about 40 years ago. April 22, 1970. Around 3,000 voluntary recylcing programs sprung up around the country. Americans now recycle a third of their trash and that's up 6 percent from 1970. Yet we are doing all these things and they say americans are still generating more waste then ever. In just 5 minutes we use another 1,060,000 aluminum cans, 2 million plastic bottles, and 15 million sheets of paper. Our country is still drowning in plastic. People are questioning whether recycling is a waste? If we didn't recycle at all, think about how much waster we would have then. I don't think it's a waste because even if animals are still dieing from our waste and we are still having lots of problems; we could be causing a lot more deaths and problems by not doing it. I'm sure are number of problems would double or even triple! Recycling should never be thought about as a waste.

1 comment:

  1. It seems everyone is talking about recycling lately. And yes, recycling is a good idea and people should care about our environment, but alot of people don't care. That is really sad too. I'm guilty of not recycling, but after all this talk about it and all that I have learned, I think it's about time my family starts.

    ReplyDelete