Monday, April 6, 2009

Deadly Earthquake hits Italy

This week I read an article from the New York Times. Their was an earthquake that hit Italy on Monday and it had a magnitude of 6.3! It seriously damaged buildings and killed 92 people. It left tens of thousands homeless. It damaged lots of historic buildings, and it cracked them right down the middle. By mid afternoon the death doll was 92 people and 1500 injured. They are 4,000 rescuers that are taking away the rubble and looking for more survivors. This earthquake struck at 3:30 a.m. and you could feel it as far away as Rome, 60 miles west, it rattled furniture and set off car alarms there. I can't even imagaine if we had a an earth quake where I was. I wouldn't ever want to be involved in a earthquake. There is no stopping it and you don't know when it will end. I feel so bad for all of those people in Italy, and all the family they lost. This wasn't just a little earthquake either because people could feel is for miles and miles. I hope they find all the people they are looking for.

3 comments:

  1. i feel bad too i just read that article and yes i know we are in tornado alley and all but could you imagine how that would be if something like that hit us? wow that would be horrible and yes i wish i could help out those people in need

    ReplyDelete
  2. This earthquake is scarey. I am personally scared to death of being swallowed up by the earth. I can't imagine living where earth quakes happen often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! That is crazy, earthquakes in general. I am glad I live in Nebraska so we do not have to deal with those. I do feel sorry for the people who lost loved ones and homes though. Its too bad there is no way to really avoid those kind of things.

    ReplyDelete